We understand privacy is important to you; that is why privacy is important to us.
Protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information is a cornerstone of our organizational ethics and values and will always be one of our highest priorities.
The following sets out what you need to know about our personal handling practices Nicholas Alan:
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MIGHT COLLECT FROM YOU AND WHY.
- Account information such as name, address, postal code, email address and phone number. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products and services, provide relevant advertising, administer contests or promotions you enter and respond to your enquiries.
- Subscriber id and passwords so that you may access your account information and services.
- Collect credit card or banking information if required to complete a sale.
- Usage information such as product or service preferences, purchase history, time spent and other customer engagement information to better understand your preferences and help us develop better products and services.
- If you choose to provide it to us, supplementary information such as gender, month and year of birth, income range, the industry you work in, your current position, and customer satisfaction information.
- Social media identifiers including both personal and non-personally identifying information you may provide by using social media sharing and log-in features. You can control what information you share through some social networking sites' privacy settings.
- If you attend Nicholas Alan Associates offices or speak with one of our representatives on the telephone you may be recorded on video or audio tapes. Customer service calls may be recorded for quality assurance purposes.
WE ASSUME YOU HAVE GIVEN US IMPLIED CONSENT FOR SOME USES:
- By purchasing any of our products or using any of our services, we assume you consent to receive the products and services and information relevant to them including service notifications, personalized content and services, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our products, services, promotions and loyalty programs.
USES YOU CAN EXPLICITLY CONSENT TO:
- You may opt-in to receive additional services such specialized daily email newsletters or marketing communications from our advertisers based on your areas of interest.. Your email address is not shared with our advertisers.
- The Nicholas Alan Associates relies on customer information and insight to improve our products and services and to make our websites and applications easier to navigate.
- It also helps us customize your experience by delivering content, messages and advertising that are relevant to you.
WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU WISH TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Include Supplementary Information in the subject line or call Customer Service at 416-750-9169.
- You can also limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies.
- You may update your account information by logging in to nicholasalanassociates.ca, clicking your username at the top right corner of the webpage and then following Login options.
- Information you provided to Nicholas Alan Associates through social network integration features, such as Facebook Connect, Twitter, or LinkedIn are governed by the terms of that particular service, and may not automatically be updated by the underlying service in Nicholas Alan Associates records.
CONTACTING NICHOLAS ALAN ASSOCIATES REGARDING YOUR PRIVACY:
Nicholas Alan Associates
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS POLICY:
- Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, our web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
- Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as demographic statistics about Nicholas Alan Associates customers, or number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
- Personal Information for Editorial Purposes - As you may expect, information collected for editorial purposes, whether or not it is considered personal, is exempt from the requirements of Canadian law and is not covered by this policy. Business contact information including the name, title, business address and telephone number of an employee of an organization, publicly available information such as an individual's name and address when listed in or made available through a directory, or any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation.
1. THE FINE PRINT
The following sets out some additional detail about Nicholas Alan Associates' business practices as it pertains to your personal information.
The Nicholas Alan Associates may collect personal information using the following means:
1. When you become a subscriber.
2. When you register for any of Nicholas Alan Associates' services or sign up for a special feature such as contents.
3. By using cookies and technologies when you visit our site; and
4. By surveying
(A) COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier that are placed in your browser in order to store information about your web browsing and usage of a Nicholas Alan Associates website (Cookie Data). Cookies are used by Nicholas Alan Associates to collect and store usage information such as:
- Anonymized user IDs for logged in Registered Users and Subscribers
- Usage Data such as the number of page views, frequency of visits, time spent on a particular page and other similar statistics pertaining to your use of our website and services.
If you wish to disable cookies, please see Section 5 How to disable cookies?
(B) REGISTRATION INFORMATION
If you choose to become a registered user, we will ask you to provide us with basic account information such as your name, email address, country, and postal code. We may also ask you supplementary information, such as your birth month and year, income range, the industry you work in, and your current position. If you choose to provide it, we use supplementary information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics. We use account information and supplementary information to offer you personalized content, promotions of Nicholas Alan Associates' services, and to deliver to you relevant advertising. Please note that you can always withdraw your consent to the continued use of your supplementary information.
(C) SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
If you choose to subscribe to a product or service of Nicholas Alan Associates, we will ask you to provide information to complete the sale including name, email, address, telephone number and billing information. We will use your subscription information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics, and to communicate with you about your subscription and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
(D) MOBILE BROWSING
When you access Nicholas Alan Associates on your mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet computer, using a web browser or a Nicholas Alan Associates app, we collect similar usage information as we do on other devices. Some mobile devices can transmit location data but Nicholas Alan Associates is not able to access that information without your express consent. If you choose to share location data with Nicholas Alan Associates, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device.
(E) CONTESTS, PROMOTIONS, SURVEYS AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
(F) SOCIAL MEDIA
2. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Nicholas Alan Associates uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
FULFILL YOUR REQUEST:
To fulfill your request for services. For example, if you want to purchase a paper subscription to Nicholas Alan Associates, we will ask you for your name and delivery address.
To help us make your experience on our website more convenient. For example, we rely on cookie data to detect when a registered user or a subscriber who has previously signed in visits the site again. It is also used to recall user preferences and information on subsequent visits (e.g., watchlists and newsletters).
PERSONALIZED CONTENT AND SERVICES:
To help you discover our best stories, to provide you with a more interactive service, and to make you personalized offers for Nicholas Alan Associates products. For example, we may suggest content and products that are more relevant to your interests and/or occupation. We will also suggest content based on your usage data. For example, if you read stories about cars and hockey, we may recommend stories on related topics.
To understand how users interact with our website, to improve the operation and performance of Nicholas Alan Associates' products and services, to develop new products and services, to detect fraud, and to improve security.
COMMUNICATE OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS:
To communicate with you about Nicholas Alan Associates' offers and promotions. You can withdraw your consent to specific types of email communications by clicking on the Unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of the email message. Note that you will continue to receive communications that directly pertain to your services.
ENFORCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
To contact you regarding issues with your use of Nicholas Alan Associates' services such as posting on the public commenting board that are subject to our Terms of Service. We reserve the right to contact you if we have reason to believe that you have violated our Terms of Service.
OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE REASONS:
If you provide a complaint to Nicholas Alan Associates or send an request to customer service, we will keep the relevant information for the purpose of investigating your complaint or request and responding to you. If you are a freelancer we may collect your social insurance number for tax reporting purposes and other information required to enter into a contract with and pay you. We generally use your personal information for the purposes of managing, administering, collecting or enforcing your accounts, maintaining business records for a reasonable time and generally managing and administering our business and meeting all relevant Canadian and international regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
3. SECURITY AND DISCLOSURE
NICHOLAS ALAN ASSOCIATES TAKES STEPS TO HOLD YOUR INFORMATION SECURELY:
Nicholas Alan Associates has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial measures to protect the information we collect from loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
INFORMATION STORED ABROAD:
In some cases Nicholas Alan Associates will disclose personal information to service providers to perform activities outside of Canada on our behalf. Your personal information may also be transferred outside of Canada for storage and processing. As a result, secure storage, use and access to your personal information may be subject to the laws of those countries.
Nicholas Alan Associates may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for administrative purposes. Nicholas Alan Associates may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities or for other legal reasons. Nicholas Alan Associates may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with any contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
5. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but offer a number of ways to control cookie preferences. Typically, users can:
1. Disable all cookies (not recommended)
2. Require approval each time a website attempts to place a cookie
3. Remove cookies manually or have them deleted automatically after a certain period
For step-by-step instructions on how to modify cookie preferences, please consult your browser's support documentation. You can find instructions for commonly used browsers here:
6. PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF PRIVACY POLICIES
7. NICHOLAS ALAN ASSOCIATES AND MAIL WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
© Copyright 2016 - 2020 Nicholas Alan Associates Inc. All rights reserved.
Goorwah, Nicholas Alan, Publisher